Totem’s First Powered Speaker!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 15, 2018
Totem Acoustic proudly introduces the KIN PLAY, a powered compact 2-way bookshelf design intended to capture the attention of a wide audience.
Ideal for computer based audio, gaming and two-channel music systems, the KIN PLAY is named for its simple plug and play capabilities. Whether your source is a computer, gaming console, smart phone, turntable, digital audio component or typical audio system, the KIN PLAY will faithfully reproduce music in ways that Totem loudspeakers are world renowned for. Like all Totem models, the KIN PLAY offers incredible versatility with respect to placement in almost any acoustical space while offering both unparalleled off-axis response and perfect phase coherency, resulting in a more immersive musical experience.
Featuring Bluetooth 4.1 with aptxHD, both analog and digital inputs, along with a built-in phono preamplifier for vinyl enthusiasts, and complimented by a potent 120 watt RMS per channel power amplifier, the KIN PLAY will simplify the experience of sound reproduction by eliminating the need for a stand-alone power amplifier and the requisite cables.
“Powerful, compact, all-in simplicity with spatially outrageous DNA” says Vince Bruzzese, founder, President and designer at Totem Acoustic.
The KIN PLAY is the first powered full-range loudspeaker from Totem Acoustic, a company with a three decade long legacy. The KIN series is all about space-friendly, affordable loudspeakers known for their 360° Omni musical vibrancy with extended lateral projection.
Totem KIN PLAY Significant Design Features:
- Wireless input: Qualcomm aptX™ HD Bluetooth® (v4.1) 16-bit/48kHz.
- Digital input: optical via Toslink, up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Analog inputs: RCA pair (switchable between phono and line level) and 3.5mm mini jack.
- High performance 5″ customized natural hybrid woofer and customized 1′ metal alloy dome tweeter.
- Front Multi-Controller: Volume, input selection and Bluetooth® pairing.
- Includes magnetic grills, remote control, optical and analog interconnects, speaker cables and sound absorption feet (8).
- Frequency response: 39Hz – 20kHz ±3dB with proper positioning.
- Maximum amplification power: 2 x 120 watts RMS.
- Subwoofer output via RCA connector.
- AC power input: 100-240v 50/60Hz.
- Available Finish: Satin black.
- Weight: Active module: 15.9 lb/7.2 Kg., Passive module: 12 lb/5.4 Kg.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 7.08″ x 13.97″ x 9.25″ / 180mm x 355mm x 235mm.n